Tuesday 23 March 2010

Experiences @ HKL.

Yes, I just got back from Hospital Kuala Lumpur from the Program Pendedahan Kerjaya Sebagai Seorang Doktor. Have been in the hospital for the past 2 days. Approximately. It has been quite a good experience I must say. I met nice people, cocky people, and people with bullet-proof glasses. You get what I mean. All fancies of people. XP

Day 1:
I was at the hospital at 6.20 a.m in the morning. WTH an 18-year old would be doing in the not-so-wee hours in the morning, heck, in a hospital?! Yeah, the Polis Bantuan gave me queer looks. They must be asking "What the eff is this nutcase with a yellow bag doing here in the morning?". I'm too soaked in my own fantasies that I can't give a damn of what they think about me, what more about the people who are going to WTF over my appearance.

It was sad to see NONE of anybody whom I know there. Yes. I was like, *tuut, bored here!*. So there's this Indian girl who came in around 8.20 a.m? Lisa is her name. Yeah, we became impromptu friends then. And I met her friend, Jeremie and another early bird too, Jia Xin. Yeah, and later on we had to break into several groups.

WTF. We got a boring tour, just on the first day of this programme. *laughs* Someone has to suck up the shit, like it or not. XP Orthopedics. Nothing much to see. Just bones, and skeletal related matters. Amputations and the likes of it.

And moving on later, we went to look at the General Surgery department. No, no live surgeries. Only a lecture. Vascular surgeon if I'm not pretty much mistaken. BAI to the hospital after that.

The journey home was awfully fun. Literally. Awful part first. I walked from GH/ HKL all the way down to Jalan TAR. Yes. I was dumb. XP It's my first time here as a student, and ALONE. And I take U11 which takes me back to my house no problem. OK... But then I realise he's going the opposite direction of the way I'm supposed to be following... T-T So, I ended up paying RM1 + RM2 for "passing" to stops. WTF. It's still anytime better than taking the taxi though. Nice part. I never get to view the traffic and sights of KL that often. So, as I walked, I looked at people and all the cartoon stunts that they're trying to imitate. Was fun. Improvised form of fun, so to speak.

Day 2 [Today]:
Today arr... Ermm... Today go to O & G lo. Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Nope, no delivery of babies too. Sad. Nothing much there really. Forensics? Yeah, we only got to see a body getting sanitized. That's all. =.=||| The other groups got to see the post-mortem in action, WTF?! Sighs.

And last session was at the Outpatient Dept. Not really hectic too. What I saw? I saw a head nurse cleaning up a small wound of a diabetic patient. Area of wound roughly 1.5cm X 4cm. Depth of wound approximately 3cm at the deepest point. I was like, "Ugh" not because it gross, but it's because it feels pain. XP

What I really disliked about this programme has got nothing to do with the programme at all, but I really disliked the people that came. How do I put this? HEH. I had thought that A-class students are going to be, from the point of aptitude, be good. PFFT. My foot to that statement now. Some of them, so cocky their heads can't see the ground. Some of them HAVE to talk while the nurses and doctors are briefing. What bitches are they. [No holds barred to that statement. Smart students SHOULD be street-smart too, not book-smart] I mean, coming in as a potential JPA scholar, what is that kind of attitude man? Some reflection please. Yeah. And some of those nuts have to see more "colour-blind" and weirdos like me. Haven't seen a guy with varnished nails and a yellow bag before? Sad for you, you haven't seen the world. Can't handle me? How then, can you handle a whining patient? I KASIHAN BAGI PIHAK YOU. And yeah, for those who are down-to-earth, do expect to see stuck-up students when you join this programme. I was not expecting to see so many pain-in-the-necks, but I stand to my weird styles and principles. Can't handle me? Go get LD50.

Stuffed.

LOVES.

*Aww man, why'd you have to be taken? XP*

=CHIcken WINGs=

And the best thing that happened today? I got two vouchers to GSC for free! XP

LD50-ed for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?