Wednesday 11 February 2015

Doraemon

Doraemon, there. The title of this post.

Those born before the year 2000 will definitely come across this blue robot cat from the future at least once. For some, this robot cat has become part and parcel of their life. And for some, this blue robot cat became an obsession, perhaps their friend!

In this case, Doraemon is something I hold dear. I grew up watching Doraemon and I have stacks of Doraemon comics still arranged nicely in my cupboard. This blue robot cat filled my time when digital stuffs like iPads, smart phones and even high-speed internet were virtually non-existent back then. Fujio. F. Fujiko is a legend among the kids of the 90's.

Today, I watched Doraemon: Stand By Me in the cinema. This movie brought back memories of my childhood. Prior to watching this movie, I felt a little upset. This movie is said to be the first 3D feature film of Doraemon. The downside is, this will be the last time this lovable blue robot cat will take the screens. When I read that this was to be Doraemon's last time to roll on the screens, it felt like part of my childhood has been taken away from me. It's business, I can understand. We all want profit and I guess the kids in the current generation no longer find any love for this cat, and perhaps profits are going on the low.

Putting all the hard feelings aside, I watched the movie with a child-like heart and enjoy this final show with Doraemon. There were many scenes that brought me to tears (I know, it sounds stupid that an animation can make one cry, but only a fan can relate). Words are hard to describe!

The scene that brought me to tears was when Doraemon finally realised he has to go back to the future. Sitting there by the river and watching Nobita flying around in happiness, Doraemon couldn't help it, bursting into tears, realising the fact that Nobita may not be able to fend for himself once he is gone. How much will a friend care for each other to the point it hurts, to cry? Such a tear-jerker!

The details of this movie is gorgeous, too. The animators made sure everything was tailored to look as realistic as possible, weaving comic-like designs and realism together, perfectly combining two contrasting perspectives into one fine artwork.

Doraemon, I will remember you and I will always love you. Muah.

Wing

2 comments:

  1. Mannnnn but I tarak kaki to watch with me leh.....

    Maybe one day laa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiyo kolian leh! I watched alone too. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?