Sunday 9 February 2014

U DON'T KNOW ME!

Okay! So here's the thing. You can never judge a person if you don't know that person pretty well. So here's the thing, I will introduce a part of me here so you'll know me a little better. If you're here reading this, it's quite a good sign knowing that you show a little interest in knowing me. It may sound that I am a little full of myself, but hey! it's my blog. But thanks for reading though! ;)

n Things to Know About Me, where n is an element of Z (integer):

1. I like all the strangest things.
While people enjoy the mainstream things, I prefer all the things that people are not really into. Pop songs on the radio, latest mainstream fashion and the likes of that. Not my cup of tea. In fact, seeing mainstream annoys me. What do I enjoy? Sitting down feeling the breeze while enjoying a hot cup of tea. Origami. Designing the things I would wear instead of getting them from the store. Chameleons (instead of rearing dogs, cats, hamsters, etc), bright colours, reading real-life biographies instead of fiction, science (specifically, chemistry), visual and performing arts, small group gatherings instead of large gatherings (heck, you wouldn't even know half the crowd). So yes, I don't enjoy most things that people my age would.

2. I don't care what you think about me.
When I was younger, I used to think that we are what people tell us to be. If you are stupid, it's because what people make you think you are. If you're hot, that's because society tells you're hot. I used to to things to impress those around me. Trying to be accepted. As a teen, that's inevitable. We all try to be accepted. Slowly, (until the end of Form 5) I realised that that's not the case. I found larger potential in myself. So, I dumped that whole mentality and adopted a new persona. A better one. Yes, I don't care if you tell me I dress weird. I look strange (like something out of Alice in the Wonderland). I behave like an E.T dressed in human suit. It no longer bothers me. As long as I feel fabulous in my skin, you can even split the world in half, I still would not be fazed by anything you'll say to me, because we are what we say to ourselves. When you give society one step in defining you, they will take two steps. Yes, I shaved part of my brows because I liked it. I felt having normals brows was mainstream. Before you want to make any comments, think first. Because I wouldn't give two hoots in firing you down.

3. I'm caring, despite being aggressive and loud.
Okay, so it may look like a contradiction. How can anyone be so aggressive and yet caring. Not to forget he's in his own world (some of you may start to feel like I'm some Mr. Living-in-his-bubble). I'm caring. I just don't say lots of things. Things like "Love you" only come when I mean it. Unfortunately, some people think I'm joking and that talk is cheap. I guess I should cut down on sweet talk because people no longer enjoy compliments. Humans are so demanding that. Someday in the future, you marry your fists for blowjobs, because you can't find anyone that matches your taste. It may sound rude, but the fact stays. People nowadays want the best. Aren't you forgetting something, we're all imperfect. So yes, I'm caring, but don't expect a lot from me if you play bitch. Anything along that line deserves to be shot in the gut with a shotgun.

4. Working with me can be stressful.
I don't like taking up leadership posts because I'm somewhat a perfectionist. I've been a top students since primary school and I guess part of that has moulded me into a "kiasu". It's beneficial to my work and studies (but healthwise, not always). Anything less than my expectations is trash. Simple. I don't take up and posts unless necessary or if I'm forced to. Expect verbal abuse if you don't meet my standards after being told, advised and guided countless times.

5. I don't talk with people unless I like them.
Making new friends is not a problem to me. But to be close to me, you have to be on the same wavelength as I am. It's natural right? I don't have many friends because most of them aren't on the same page as I am. Thankfully, there are those who know me and accept me for who I am and I have got the feeling we'll stay that way 'til death do us part. Those who aren't, most of them are gone. No, I don't intend to contact them anymore. I'm not cocky. It's just strange chatting with someone who has no common interest as you do. The only thing that we'll even chat about revolves around AWKWARD. Geddit?

Another thing is, if I personally chat a person up, it's not like I have a personal agenda. I'm not that kind of a**hole. But if that person plays hard to get (tells me he/she has something to do EVERY SINGLE TIME), sorry-lah bro/ sis. Not my type. Some don't even to say goodbye, just disappearing like that. DIDN'T MAMA TELL YOU THAT NOT GREETING PEOPLE IS RUDE?

6. I don't let those who offend me go easily.
Honestly, I'm not a forgiving person. I'm easily offended. A simple sorry doesn't mean I will forgive you. If I do forgive, I won't forget. My emotions have been played on before, so this is a defensive mechanism. Live with that. Luckily, if I really forgive you, SINCERELY, I would have forgotten what you've done to me. Literally. I won't remember at all until you remind me. I don't beat people up for clarification.

7. I love toys.
I'm a boy. Boys don't outgrow their love for toys. So, if you see me with toys, shut up. Play with your phone or fondle you handbag. Leave me alone.

8. I absolutely am fond of sweet stuffs.
This applies widely to chocolates. Love having Chinese desserts such as gingko with barley, black glutinous rice paste, lychee with white fungus and a whole list of desserts.

Terrified of me now? Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?