Friday 14 February 2014

I've finally got myself a date!

Now that I've got your attention, I can finally say what I actually intended to say. MWAHAHAHAHAHA. Well, it's a hoax. No, I'm still single and probably will stay like that for another 930732982140137497092793217491 years. Nevertheless, it's a good day today, being single, despite today being Valentines' and also Chap Goh Mei, what the Chinese would consider a "match-making" day. Yes, ladies write their names and personal contacts on oranges and throw them into a (preferably) a stagnant body of water such as a lake, and guys would go and fish them oranges out and then contact the girl. Well, you may think this is some kind of "lucky draw" and does exhibit some form of gambling. Quite safe to assume so. *giggles!* Alas, it's the relationship that matters, a little gamble doesn't hurt. Unless the government thinks of it as a threat to society, though.

Okay that was long enough a distraction. Back to the reason I'm so happy today...  I've finally scored a 4-flat for my examination in university! It has been three semesters that I've been there for my undergrad studies and the first two semesters, I scored only first-class honours. It may look good to many but being the high achiever I am, anything less than perfect is, well, imperfect. On the third semester, thankfully, after all that hard work (and anxiety) paid off. Satisfied! I remember the few weeks of physical chemistry assignments regarding Hittorf's method for determining ion transport numbers. Was enough to make me lose my mind.

HOORAY! I REPEAT, HOORAY!

Reaching this paragraph of this post reminds me of a song by Nelly Furtado, Good Things Come to An End. In a few days time, the new semester starts, with even greater challenges. Of course, I am afraid. It gets tougher by the semesters. But one thing for sure, God is there. And I have those special few I can fall back on when I am weak. Love them lots.

Hopefully I will be attached sooner, or later. Happy V-day to all couples and even singles out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?