Tuesday 9 February 2010

SAD CASE.

I actually wanted to blog about this since the last blog post up until this post, but I just conveniently forgotten about it. Just so old of me to do such things! MAH!

As some friends and family members may have known that I'm currently working at Kumon, Taman Sri Bintang. Nice working environment, only a few working days, decent pay and kids to work with! I don't understand how someone who calls himself a sadist can like kids at all. It just annoys me. Puh.

So here it goes then... Last week, I was assigned to look after the younger kids while they're completing their classwork... So there's this little boy who looks super-the-cute. I chatted a while with the little boy. He's Damien by the way. =).

Damien: *playing with pencil*
Me: Damien, faster finish your work, and then you can go home and play later.
Damien: Cannot play... After this must go Bao Bei. [Bao Bei is a reading class...]
Me: Oh, then you can still play after going to Bao Bei, right? *smiles*
Damien: ...... Still cannot also... After Bao Bei, go home got some more tuition...
Me: *WTF in the heart* What about after tuition?
Damien: *smiles*

After that conversation, I was rather saddened. He's just a kindergarten student, but he's made to go through all these so-called study classes. Mind you, he had tuition in the morning already. Pity the poor kid... I wonder how many more students in Kumon actually has the same kind of "fate" or scenario as Damien.

I'm no parent, but I believe kids should be given time to study at their own pace, and not being forced to study things that are far beyond their age. Unless they're geniuses that is. All these kids are made lifeless after all those classes. By the end of the day, they're so OMG drained that they're too lazy and tired to play already. The following day, the cycle goes on, again. Heck, their whole childhood life will be filled with the word STUDY alone. LIFELESS I TELL YOU.

Nevertheless, I still love those kids. [YOU ARE A SADIST, WHY ARE YOU TYPING THIS?!] Pardon me, monologue to myself. Pity or whatever, it's not my choice at all. My duty is to help them and that's it.

MAH.......

=D


=CHIcken WINGs=
















Miss you tonnes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?