Wednesday 2 September 2009

Youths @ FCC: : TOUCH Camp 2009, Cameron Highlands & The Great News [?]

26th-29th of August 2009 can be considered one of the best outings and friend trips that I've had this year. It was mighty fun. Really. REALLY. The Amazing Race part was fun, the sermon was also great... [I couldn't concentrate much 'cause I was swayed to slumberland by the lovely weather], the weather was also good. We had fun even in the evening the sky threatened to shower over us. God is the Almighty and the Great Provider. No worries indeed. Congrats all the commitee members who made this a great trip. Indeed it was great.










Recently, I got a letter from AFS, infroming me that I have been shortlisted for the cultural exchange programme to Japan for a year. ONE YEAR! OMG! So it now depends on the Japanese side to make their decision on the placing of the candidates [i.e: I am already qualified to go]. Most people may think I'll be very happy... But I'm not. I'm stuck in the middle of a big fat dilemma. I have to make a decision, to either go to Japan for a year, come back and do lower Form 6 with my sister's batch of students, OR, stay back, stand a chance to go to matriculation college, then upon completion, I get to go to a public university, or maybe ecen get PSD scholarship to go overseas. DILEMMA! I was so stressed then. My cousin, an AFS returnee [she went to the States under this AFS cultural exchange programme last year], told me that I should go as this scholarship is rarely given out. Sigh. A few of my friends told me to go, too. As I was in this dilemma, someone gave me a piece of advice that meant a lot to me. Not Someone, just someone. After consideration, I am NOT going. If I go and I have to return halfway through, I have to repay RM 25,000... And it's going to tarnish the image of AFS Malaysia. Ouch. If God can give me this scholarship, He can give me even more, more than I could hope, think, dream and fathom of.

Exam's also around the corner. I am in the middle of SPM Trials when I'm writing this. Am doing so well so far. I MAKE A BAD ADDITIONAL MATHS TUTOR! xD God luck to all my friends in their trials. ALL MY FRIENDS ARR! ;D



=CHIcken WINGs=

5 comments:

  1. did my advice help?
    though i'm not sure whether it can be counted as advice...
    rm25,000?freaking hell....

    ReplyDelete
  2. wao,japan,so nice..i wanna go!!!
    when i read this post,i feel so happy for u..but then u said u dun wanna go,haiz..but wat u say is true la;If God can give me this scholarship, He can give me even more, more than I could hope, think, dream and fathom of.
    add oil in everything tat u do la..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe~ thanks becka and ivory~! xD yeah God will do greater stuffs~!

    wings

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hugs* don't worry. every decision you come to has been planned even before you came outta your mum and flapped. XD

    at least you don't apply for it and back out last minute and make things all messed up for the office. ;) see ya soon crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey there!

    we are in the same boat!

    i'm same wif u.. afs offered me YES Prog. I didnt apply but I'm quite active in volunteering... so they give me a chance...

    dilemma.. it's YES prog u noe...
    6 month, full-scholarship!
    but i said no...
    i dont want to gamble my future...

    they also mentioned bout jenesys and the india short prog... but both, sadly clashd wif spm..
    intensive prog.. no scholarship, so surely i wont go...

    so, i'm just keep up wif my volunteerism actvities....

    anyways, all the best 4 spm and pray me too laa! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?