Saturday 22 October 2011

Don't pray for the problem to go away.

Well, school has been a little relaxing this week. Thank goodness all of our subjects have been covered thoroughly and we're pretty much into revision now. That leaves us with a-little-not-too-much time to chatter and just be a little merry at the moment.

 This particular week has been a pretty warm and humid week, especially in school. The electricity supply to our particular block has been cut off for no apparent reason (well, apparently, the fuse box went a little haywire). So, we did complain a little (no, honestly, we complained a lot) about how warm it is. It's very warm, really. Our class was next to a metal awning, or rather roof. The heat is reflected right into our class. FUH! Miss Catherine came into our class for Maths. So we did our Maths and past-year papers and then we related this problem of "warmness" to her. So, she told us the history of Form 6 students in SMK Jinjang to us. Long story.

 But there is something that she said that was pretty meaningful. It goes like this: "Wai Yan, I always tell you this, don't say it like this. You should pray for her so that she will get promoted, then she will be transferred to another school!". Paraphrased, it sounds like this: Don't pray for the problem to leave. Pray for yourself that you'll be the one leaving the problem so you'll move on to a place with greener pastures.

 So, I've changed my mindset a little. I've changed my requests when I pray. Though sometimes God may not listen and grant all your requests, I do think he'll grant me this wish, just this one time.

To that special someone: I can't let you go even if I wanted to. I refuse to, 'cause I love you. You'll probably never know.
To the person I SMS-ed yesterday: Take care. Don't want you to fall sick. :) 

I want alcohol, please.

 =CHIcken WINGs=

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?