Monday 6 June 2011

Of red bean soup and fried "meehoon".

Grandma passed away just two days ago, in China. It's pretty much a waste that I did not get a chance to bid her farewell before she left for a one-way-trip to heaven. I'm sure God is already waiting at the gates of heaven with lots of good stuffs for Grandma. She's someone I'm ought to miss my whole life.

Grandma is an adopted child (Dad's info) and she was brought to a small fishing village nearby Xiamen (also Dad's info). Dad says that Grandma has excellent oyster-deshelling skills. Grandma came to Malaysia with Granddad after giving birth to my eldest aunty, who is currently residing in China, too. My "second eldest aunty" and her siblings were born here in Malaysia. Grandma was a great Mum. Well, she wasn't the best chef around (trust me, I know best. :] ) but her cooking was still edible. Well, at least Dad could grow up on Grandma's food, right? To those who know my red bean soup and meehoon story, this is it. :) I literally grew up with Grandma. I went to her house after kindergarten for nearly two years. Before that, I used to go to her house by the Klang River every morning while Mum and Dad are away for work.

I still remember clearly the days where the rain would pour so heavily and Grandma would be so accurate in determining the weather, whether it would be a mild rainfall, or a big old thunderstorm. The sight of rattan chairs hanging off the walls is something that I would really miss. And of course the mud-yellow water and Wellington boots to note. The after-the-flood-cleaning process. Oh, priceless. Grandma could earn a diploma in Meteorology without even having to sit for a practical or theory test.

Well, time and tide wait for no man. Indeed, as time passes, we age as well. Grandma had to leave as well. Fountain of Youth, like many other age-old too-good-to-be-true-gimmicks, are just plain myths. At 81-years old, my Grandma is still the best Grandma in the world. Miss you much.

=CHIcken WINGs=

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?